Pages

Friday 1 March 2013

Pope Benedict XVI Resigns

I haven't written for a while now, so this story is sort of old news as I am writing it. But oh well it's important news, so it doesn't hurt to hear it twice.

Yesterday (28th February) at 7pm English time or 8pm Rome time, Pope Benedict XVI officially resigned. His last words to the faithful crowds were simply "Thank You and Good Night". Simple words from a man that will now live, as he himself said, "I am no longer the pope but I am still in the church. I'm just a pilgrim who is starting the last part of his pilgrimage on this earth,". Wise words from a wise man. 

Pope Benedict XVI will now be the Pope Emeritus. He will be entitled to be called 'His Holiness' still but all the other 'gifts' that come with the papacy will no longer be his.

This may well be the last we here of Pope Benedict XVI.

May God Bless him in his future and may he live happily for the rest of his days.

No comments:

Post a Comment